Quadrupole Transition Moments CCSD

Find answers or ask questions regarding Dalton calculations.
Please upload an output file showing the problem, if applicable.
(It is not necessary to upload input files, they can be found in the output file.)

mmondelo
First name(s): Manel
Last name(s): Mondelo Martell
Affiliation: Freie Universität Berlin

Quadrupole Transition Moments CCSD

Post by mmondelo » 06 Jul 2020, 11:28

Hi,

I am trying to compute the quadrupole transition moments tensor using CCSD and the modules CCLRSD and CCQR2R, specifying the .OPERAT flag. I have tried different keyword formats for the quadrupole: XXQUADRU and QUADXX (according to the manual, the former corresponds to the name of the one-electron integrals while the later is the name given in the Linear Response Module), but all I get are warnings like:

WARNING: property LABEL XXQUADR not found on file AOPROPER.
WARNING: IERR = 1
WARNING: no integrals read.
[...]
WARNING: OPERATOR WITH LABEL " XXQUADR" NOT AVAILABLE.

WARNING: ONE OF THE OPERATORS WITH THE LABELS "XXQUADRU", " XXQUADR" IS NOT AVAILABLE.
LINEAR RESPONSE RESIDUE CALCULATION IS CANCELED FOR THIS OPERATOR DOUBLE.

The electric and magnetic dipole moments seem to be correctly computed with the DIPLEN and ANGMOM operators.

Following a publication about TPCD in CCSD (https://doi.org/10.1039/C6CP01653G) I have also tried to use ROTSTR instead of QUADRU (XXROTSTR and so on), but the error in the Dalton output file is essentially the same, but for the quadratic response residue calculations:

WARNING: ONE OF THE OPERATORS WITH THE LABELS "XZROTSTR", " XZROTST" IS NOT AVAILABLE. QUADRATIC RESPONSE 2. RESIDUE CALCULATION IS CANCELED FOR THIS OPERATOR DOUBLE.

Thanks a lot for your time,

Manel Mondelo
manel.mondelo@fu-berlin.de
Attachments
fenchone_rotstr.out
(167.03 KiB) Downloaded 58 times

hjaaj
First name(s): Hans Jørgen
Middle name(s): Aagaard
Last name(s): Jensen
Affiliation: Universith of Southern Denmark

Re: Quadrupole Transition Moments CCSD

Post by hjaaj » 07 Jul 2020, 09:11

You need to specify the desired property integrals under **INTEGRALS

taylor
First name(s): Peter
Middle name(s): Robert
Last name(s): Taylor
Affiliation: Tianjin University

Post by taylor » 07 Jul 2020, 14:46

In the output file the user originally attached the required integrals are requested by the input, and they are specifically identified as being calculated in the HERMIT output section. So I think there must be something more complicated happening. I note that for example an error message is
WARNING: property LABEL XXROTST not found on file AOPROPER
Now, the LABEL is given as XXROTST which comprises seven characters. But the various ROTSTR property labels are eight characters, and the print statement that generates the above message uses A format and thus the field width is being adjusted to the string length, evidently seven. Later, we have
WARNING: ONE OF THE OPERATORS WITH THE LABELS "XXROTSTR", " XXROTST" IS NOT AVAILABLE.
where there is a leading blank in the operator label, which is also wrong. It is interesting that the user's original error postings related to quadrupole moment integrals, which is another situation where the individual property labels should be eight characters long.

My initial hypothesis was that there was a problem reading/processing property integral labels when these comprised eight characters: I had a very quick look at the code but saw nothing obvious, so I am still unclear about what is happening.

Best regards
Pete

hjaaj
First name(s): Hans Jørgen
Middle name(s): Aagaard
Last name(s): Jensen
Affiliation: Universith of Southern Denmark

Post by hjaaj » 07 Jul 2020, 18:51

Hi, the problem is that each label is exactly 8 characters, and the two labels in your case are read without any spacing between. Thus the correct input is e.g.

Code: Select all

XYROTSTRXXROTSTR
(It does not look good, but I guess the authors did not think of labels using all 8 characters when they made the input ...)

Because of this, your second label is read as " XXROTST", which does not exist.

mmondelo
First name(s): Manel
Last name(s): Mondelo Martell
Affiliation: Freie Universität Berlin

Post by mmondelo » 08 Jul 2020, 08:13

Hi,

Thanks a lot to both of you for your help. I have modified the input as you suggested, and though the calculations have not finished yet, they have passed the "critical point" without sending the warning messages, so it seems that was it!

Cheers,

Manel