CUBE file from PE/TDDFT calculations

Find answers or ask questions regarding Dalton calculations.
Please upload an output file showing the problem, if applicable.
(It is not necessary to upload input files, they can be found in the output file.)

Addiw7
First name(s): Dawid
Last name(s): Grabarek
Affiliation: Wroclaw University of Technology

CUBE file from PE/TDDFT calculations

Post by Addiw7 » 19 Feb 2019, 17:34

I perform PE/TDDFT calculations of OPA and TPA process. I am wondering that the CUBE file actually contains.

Manual says that option .CUBE is to "create cube file for the core molecular system containing the electrostatic poten-tial due to the final converged polarizable embedding potential. "

Very well, but isn't the converged PE potential state-specific? I mean, my core system polarizes that environment and the environment polarizes
it back, but the electronic structure of core depends on the electronic state (ground, one of many excited states) of interest. This is also what I
conclude from "Excited states in solution through polarizable embedding" or am I missing something?

So I guess that the "converged polarizable embedding potential" is not state-specific here. If so, what do I actually get in this file if I ask for
calculations of let's say 5 excited states?

magnus
First name(s): Jógvan Magnus
Middle name(s): Haugaard
Last name(s): Olsen
Affiliation: Hylleraas Centre, UiT The Arctic University of Norway

Re: CUBE file from PE/TDDFT calculations

Post by magnus » 19 Feb 2019, 19:26

It is correct that the embedding potential depends on the state through the induced dipoles, however, the cube file will always contain the embedding potential where the induced dipoles have been converged with respect to the ground state.

Addiw7
First name(s): Dawid
Last name(s): Grabarek
Affiliation: Wroclaw University of Technology

Re: CUBE file from PE/TDDFT calculations

Post by Addiw7 » 19 Feb 2019, 20:54

Thank you for explaining that, Magnus.